The St. Johns Schools Cairn commemorates the succession of schools that were established in the village of St. Johns, starting more than two centuries ago. On the top of the cairn is an old schoolbell from one of the schools, and the west side is inset a marker stone from the St. John Union Schoolhouse, built in 1879 and operated until 1958. On the north side of the cairn is a plaque listing all of the schools of the community, starting with the St. Johns Common School of 1804 and ending with the St. John Outdoor Education Centre, established in 1969 by the Niagara South Board of Education (now the District School Board of Niagara). The Centre offers a wide range of half and full-day programs for all grade levels, from Kindergarten to Grade 12, and welcomes over 14,000 children a year.
2984 Hollow Road (RR#1)
Municipality Village of St. Johns
Located in front of the St. Johns Outdoor Education Centre, 2984 Hollow Road.