This House was built by John Wilson in 1876 of triple brick. The walls are two feet thick and the floors are made of a mixture of cherry and maple woods.
The house passed onto the family of Dr. John Hansler, and then to his nephew John Loyal Stirtzinger in 1926. The house still remains on the property owned by descendants of Stirtzinger. Outside the house, the original Hansler carriage step and one of the hitching posts still stands.
Burghardt, Andrew F. Origin and Development of the Road Network of the Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, 1770 - 1851. Volume 59. Issue 3. Pages 417 - 440. Annals of the Association of American Geographers. Published Online Feb. 23 2005.
Pelham Historical Society. Pelham Historical Calendar. 1977.
Wikipedia Mounting Block
Private Residence, not open to the public
90 Canboro Road West
L0S 1E0 Municipality Town of Pelham