Around 1860, the Crowe-May House was erected on a 100 acre plot of land by John David Crowe, who later served as Reeve for the then existant Louth Township, for the years 1877 and 1878. His son David Crowe received the inheritance when John David Crowe died, and his assets were further subdivided. The house and portions of its property were passed on to two more families and in 1996, the house and its 7 1/2 acre property were sold to Gary and Maria May.
In May 2001 the house received heritage designation of "Being a Structure of Architectural and Historical Value or Interest."
The originally one storey late-Georgian style house is built of red bricks with a second storey extension of the same material. The house still features its summer kitchen in a south wing to the back of the house, built during the same period as the establishment of the house.
Private Residence, not open to the public
2044 King Street
St. Catharines, Ontario
L2R 6P7 Municipality Town of Lincoln