On the cairn which commemorates the location of the Homer Burying Ground is the following inscription:
"At or near this spot in the year 1795 or earlier, William Read, UEL, and a band of British subjects amidtst (sic.) the pine forest erected the first Anglican church in the district of Nassau (Niagara) in which divine service was held by the Rev. Robert Addison. This God's Acre and church was deeded to Homer Episcopal Congregation in the year 1799 - Stephen Emmett [and] Latham Stull, Church Wardens. Erected by the Homer Burying Ground Com[mittee], Sept. 1937"
The cemetery is registered to Town of Niagara-On-the-Lake. It is located on the right side of Queenston Street just past Victoria Lawn Cemetery and before the lift bridge over the Welland Canal. It is set back from the road, and easily missed.
For further information, see
Homer Cemetery can be accessed by car by entering Dorr Road and parking on the shoulder.
Canada GenWeb's Canadian Cemetery Project. Homer Cemetery ( Homer Burying Ground / The Ten Anglican Cemetery). http://geneofun.on.ca/cems/ON/ONLIN14349
Cooke, William. 2012. Stalking Dead People: Homer Cemetery: Historical and Neglected. http://stalkingdeadpeople.blogspot.ca/2012/11/homer-cemetery-historical-and-neglected.html