This historic home was built by James William Grout Nelles circa 1865, and later became the home of his son Willison Boise Nelles and his wife Henrietta, (who was called Ruby). Imagine 150 year ago, prior to housing developments, the farm stretching east to Baker Road and north of the railway tracks. There was once a large farm pond plunk in the middle of where Central Avenue is now.
Private Residence, not open to the public
Corner of Main Street East and Nelles Road
James William Grout Nelles House
133 Main Street East