The mysterious Haynes-Griffin House recently a bed and breakfast, is now a private home again. The house was in the estate of Theresa E. Haynes, who left it for her granddaughter Evelyn Marguerite Staff in 1936. Thought to have been built about 1829 by the Haynes family, this house has an older above-ground cellar and had a weaving room dating from about 1812. The Haynes family apparently did weaving at their home.
The character of the house is interestingly hidden in some locations its red brick walls are covered by a new exterior and some former doorways remain filled and covered. There is also a deep well in the floor that is considered to be the old garage.
Apparently it was once the place to go for milk and cream.
Private Residence, not open to the public
3797 Main Street
L0R 1S0 Municipality Town of Lincoln