This narrow three-storey building at 122 Dundas Street is the best-preserved of downtown buildings constructed after the Great Fire of 1845. The fire, which started in the Robinson Hall Hotel (the first London hotel, located at the South-East corner of Dundas and Ridout), decimated much of the downtown core.
The projecting eave has decorative woodwork and small dentil work brackets. Voussoirs (wedge-shaped or tapered stones) are simulated with brickwork on the third floor to create a stone keystone effect over the windows, adding visual interest to the facade.
This building is primarily associated with clothing sales. In the late 19th and early 20th century it housed an outlet for Singer Sewing Machine Co.