Between Port Dalhousie Harbour and Lockport Road stands a conspicuous red brick factory building built in 1900 by the Maple Leaf Rubber Company. It was established on this site to take advantage of the Welland Canal for transportation. There was originally another building of similar size across Lakeport Road which was connected to this one by an elevated bridgeway.
The building was taken over by Lincoln Fabrics in 1955, which began weaving industrial fabrics and drapery cloth. The firm has flourished, and now specializes in supplying high-tech woven materials such as body armour for police and the military. Lincoln Fabrics is recognized for its business accomplishments as well as its generous contributions of time, talent and money to the community.
63 Lakeport Road
Port Dalhousie, Ontario
Municipality St. Catharines