The original Society of Friends (Quaker) Church now forms part of the Pelham Evangelical Friends Church. The Quakers were among the first settlers of Fonthill, arriving and establishing a community well before 1790. After the 1827-28 Hicksite-Orthodox Split, the Orthodox branch eventually built their first brick meeting house in 1865. This building was preceded by a small frame house built in 1807, which has since been moved. The White Meeting House built in 1875 and shipped from nearby Effingham, and the brick meeting house, now form part of the new Evangelical Friends Church.
Sunday Morning Worship Celebration 10:30 am. Childrens Worship Classes for all ages 10:30 am. Children 2 - 5 years (children leave the service at approx. 10:45 am)
Pelham Historical Society Archivist, Mary Lamb, PO Box 903, Fonthill Ontario L0S 1E0. Email: email@example.com
Pelham Evangelical Friends Church
940 Haist Road South
L0S 1E4 Municipality Town of Pelham